Welcome to Online Learning Induction 2020. If you are studying part-time online with IT Sligo in 2020/21, then tune in to our Online Learning Induction week, taking place from Monday 21st – Friday 25th September 2020.
To help get your studies off to a great start, we have prepared lots of useful videos, tips and resources. Some key activities to note:
- Each programme team has scheduled Live sessions to introduce themselves to the new class and answer any queries you might have before teaching begins on 28th September 2020. The schedule of Live events is listed below, with a dedicated page for each Faculty – Science, Engineering and Design, Business and Social Sciences. If you missed your session, please contact your programme co-ordinator as recorded sessions may be available.
- A suggested Induction timetable is available to download. Recommended content is available on the IT Sligo website and on our Moodle, virtual learning environment. Self-paced learning courses on Moodle will continue to be available to all new students, when teaching commences.
- Below are 4 videos with important messages for new students of Online Learning at IT Sligo from the IT Sligo President, IT Sligo Registrar, VP for Online Development and our Library Services.
- The web page also provides links to important videos about Getting started with Moodle, How to complete Online Registration and an overview of Student Supports available to Online Learners.
- There is a link to a dedicated information area on COVID-19 and the policies and procedures that have been put in place at IT Sligo to ensure a safe return for students to the Campus for the first semester of 2020/21.
If you have questions, do join our Live Q&A session every lunchtime Monday – Thursday (1pm – 2pm) where our Online Student Advisors and Admissions teams will be available to answer questions. If you missed the Live sessions, all questions and answers are available to review at the link below.
Firstly, a warm welcome message to our Online Learners from IT Sligo President, Dr. Brendan McCormack.