Computing is an exciting, fulfilling career choice. We do recognise however that it can be difficult to fully appreciate the differences between different computing programmes. We also believe that there is no better way to help you make that decision than by experiencing a range of computing modules. For this reason, all our CAO computing programmes share a common first year. These modules provide an excellent foundation to your further study but more importantly they help you confirm which programme is right for you.
The Higher Cert in Computing is a 2 year programme where you begin in this shared first year alongside all other computing students across our programmes. At year-end, we counsel you on your next step and offer the following programmes by way of follow-on:
- H. Cert App Design & User Experience (UX)
- H. Cert Computing (Smart Technologies)
- H. Cert Software Development
- H. Cert Computer Networks and Cloud Computing
- H. Cert Games Development
After your 2nd year, you may choose to continue your study in that computer programme to acquire a Level 7 Ordinary degree or beyond, to a Level 8 programme (all but Games Development offer a Level 8 degree).
Entry requirements for CAO 2020 courses at ITSligo are available for download below:
- Download Entry requirements for just Level 6 programmes
- Download Entry requirements for all programmes
Level 6: 5O6/H7: O6/H7 English or Irish, F2/O6/H7 in Maths.