At Institute of Technology Sligo, the Learning Support Tutor provides learning support to students who have dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties.
Students who have been diagnosed as having dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties should contact the Learning Support Tutor early in the academic year to develop their Individual Support Plan.
In order to provide accurate supports and accommodations, the Learning Support Service requires medical documentation from the appropriate medical professional.
Dyslexia screening can also be arranged in the college for students who suspect they may have dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties.
Supports provided by the Learning Support Tutor include:
- Dyslexia Screening
- Study Skills Information
- Use of Assistive Technology Suite
- Assistive Technology
- Reasonable Accommodation at Examinations
- Applications to the Department of Education and Skills to the Fund for Students with Disabilities on behalf of students with up to date psychological assessments
- Liaising with relevant staff to ensure students achieve their full potential at Institute of Technology Sligo.
- One to one or group support
The Learning Support Tutor is located in the main building, first floor, third door, opposite Yeat’s Library.
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)
- Learning Support Tutors, Andrea Rynn & Fiona Fox
- Tel: +353 (0)71 9305400