Welcome to the IT Sligo Careers Service.
Careers Officers: Adette Ring and Deborah Seddon
Location: B1003 – Main Concourse
Tel: 071 930 5403 / 071 930 5729
Students and Graduates
The Careers Office provides information, advice and support to help you plan and achieve your next steps, to realise your career goals.
- Book an appointment to ascertain careers information/guidance, to:
- Increase your awareness of career options with your chosen course
- Discuss options for postgraduate study and acquire help with the application
- Transfer to other colleges within Ireland and abroad (CAO, UCAS etc)
- Job hunting and graduate recruitment within Ireland and abroad
- Completing applications, compiling CVs and cover letters
- Analysis of your interview technique in a mock interview.
We deliver a number of workshops throughout the year on a range of topics including:
- Effective Job Search
- CV Writing
- Application Form Filling
- Interview Skills
- Postgraduate Progression
- Writing Personal Statements
- Options with your Course
- Study Skills.
Careers Events and Guest Speakers
A range of employers, education and voluntary/gap providers deliver presentations throughout the year.
Careers Fairs are hosted annually.
Careers Information and Job Vacancies
- A variety of booklets/leaflets are available to collect from the Careers Office.
- The ‘Careers Office’ Moodle page has literature available to support your career planning.
- View current vacancies that have been notified to the IT Sligo Careers Office: https://itsligo.jobteaser.com
Presentations and Events
IT Sligo Careers Office host an annual Campus Careers Fair and regular presentations by external speakers throughout the year. If you are interested in exhibiting or presenting to the IT Sligo cohort please email: email@example.com.
We welcome employers to create a company profile page and post current vacancies onto our online IT Sligo ‘Careers Service’ platform completely free of charge.
We recommend you create an account where you can build and manage your own company page, upload and track the vacancies you post and also highlight company events to IT Sligo students and alumni: https://itsligo.jobteaser.com/en/company_account/sign_in
However if you do not wish to create a company page and decide to just post a job vacancy: https://itsligo.jobteaser.com/en/recruiter_account/sign_in
N.B. It’s not possible to use both links, so choose which account you’d prefer!