This information is for International (Non-EU) applicants who have received an offer for a full time, on-campus programmes at IT Sligo.
Congratulations on receiving an offer to study at IT Sligo! To secure your place and arrive safely to IT Sligo there are some important actions that you should complete.
If you have questions about your offer, please contact the International Office for guidance.
1.Understand your offer and meet any conditions (if applicable)
There are two types of offer:
- Conditional Offer – Your offer to study at IT Sligo is conditional on meeting specific admissions requirements. These will be detailed on your offer letter. You will need to provide evidence that you have met these conditions before you can receive an unconditional offer.
- Unconditional Offer – You have met the admissions requirements.
2. Accept your offer and pay your tuition fees
- You must accept your offer and pay your tuition fees by the deadline on your offer letter.
- You can pay your tuition fees through our Transfermate / Pay to Study web portal
- Please include your Application Reference Number in all payment transactions. This is located on your offer letter.
3. Apply for your visa (if applicable)
Many students will require a visa to travel to Ireland. You can check if you need a visa, and how to apply, on the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS) website.
4. Obtain medical insurance
All Non-EU students are required to have medical insurance for their time in Ireland. Your medical insurance must meet the requirements of the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS). These requirements are available online here.
5. Book accommodation
There are different accommodation options available to students studying at IT Sligo. Further information is available here.
6. Prepare for your arrival
The Academic Year at IT Sligo begins in early September. Before teaching commences, there will be an Induction for all new students. Induction is an opportunity to learn about IT Sligo, complete important tasks and meet new people. Further information about induction will be communicated to offer holders in advance of September 2021.
You can learn more about IT Sligo, our campus and our community online here