The objective of the Recognised Research Groups is to focus disciplinary/multidisciplinary research at the Institute that is not currently encompassed within existing Strategic Research Centres, to build critical mass that will result in: greater engagement by staff in research; an increase in the number of research students; an increase in the number of successful funding applications and an increase in peer reviewed publications.
The IT Sligo Recognised Research Groups are:
- Nanotechnology & Bioengineering Research Group (Nano-Bio)
- Mobilities Research Group (MRG)
- Mathematical Modelling Research Group (MMRG)
- Clinical Health & Nutrition Centre (CHANCE)
- Cellular Health & Toxicology Research Group (CHAT)
More detailed information on each can be found on the navigation pane.