Student Assistance Fund Intro
Student Assistant Fund 2020 – 2021
What is the Student Assistance Fund?
The Student Assistance Fund aims to ensure that disadvantaged students receive financial supports to enable them to fully benefit from their studies and to assist them in overcoming financial obstacles which may otherwise cause them to abandon their studies.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- To receive payment from the Fund any tuition or registration fees must be paid in full
- Attending a full-time or part-time undergraduate or postgraduate course of not less than one year’s duration
- Experiencing acute or unexpected hardship
- International/non-EU fee paying students are not eligible for funding
What can I receive funding for?
Grants will be awarded in the following categories:
- Heating and electricity costs
- Transport costs associated with attending college
- Rent associated with attending college
- Books and materials associated with attending college
- Medical visits or other medical costs
Funding will not be awarded for the
- The payment of mortgages
- Registration or tuition fees
- Repayment of debts
How do I apply?
IT Sligo Student Assistance Fund is an on-line application system. The on-line application is emailed to all student email accounts.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLYING FOR SAF (Please read carefully)
Due to the large volume of applications we are expecting we can only accept one envelope per application, therefore, ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS to your on-line application must be in ONE envelope, clearly marked SAF and with your Student ID Number on the envelope.
- All applications without exception that are missing supporting documentation from their envelope will be put into an ‘Incomplete Applications pile’ for consideration at the end of the assessment process. This will cause significant delays with the payment process.
- No late applications will be accepted
- You will receive an email to your student email when your application has been processed
- We will not have the time to be responding to individual queries on the status of applications
- The onus is on each student to check their student email daily for further information regarding their application or other important information
- The contact for SAF is Lesley Walsh her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not email supporting documentation for your on-line application to this email address.
Closing Date to apply for SAF
- Closing date for applications is Monday 2nd November 2020 at 12 noon sharp.
- Closing date for receipt of Supporting documents is Monday 16th November at 12 noon sharp. No late applications will be accepted. Please note only one envelope with supporting documentation will be accepted, clearly marked SAF and your student ID Number on it. Any application that is missing supporting documentation is deemed ‘Incomplete’