Visual Impairment organisations
Developmental Disorder Organisations
- Cerebral Palsy Group – Free support and useful resources to individuals and families who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy and other disabilities.
- Voluntary Organisations
- HADD – Family Support Group for ADHD in Ireland: A resources for parents of children with ADHD in Ireland and the professionals who serve them.
- Aspire – Asperger Syndrome Association Of Ireland: Providing information and support for all affected by AS in Ireland.
- Arts & Dyslexia is a not for profit community arts group. It was established in 2009 by dyslexic adults for dyslexic adults.Its aim is to empower, enhance and develop the natural creative and artistic talents of dyslexic adults in a fun and social environment. All levels of experience are encouraged to take part from the complete artistic beginner to the more experienced artist or photographer.
Disability Services in other Universities and Colleges in Ireland
Most Higher Education Disability Services are listed here and click on link to see what supports are available elsewhere.
- AHEAD – This Irish voluntary organisation provides an excellent start for all students with disabilities on studying at Third level. It has many useful links, publications and general information.
- SCIPS – This project aimed to support academic staff to improve access to the curriculum for disabled students and this database aims to do just that. For the purposes of this project, ten subjects were chosen.
- Quest for Learning – This provides an e-learning module on Study skills for students with disabilities, an e-learning module on Disability awareness and inclusive education for teaching staff, a virtual support network for graduates with disabilities, guidelines for teaching staff on Open and Distance Learning (ODL) practices and the support needs of students with disabilities in ODL environments.
- The National Disability Authority – Under the Disability Act, the NDA reports on achievement of these obligations across the public service.
- Re-adjust.co.uk – Reasonable adjustments in the workplace. The Re-Adjust initiative from iansyst Ltd will offer employers structured solutions to enable their disabled staff to achieve a productive way of working. The Re-Adjust initiative for reasonable adjustments includes: disability and Inclusion advice, workplace assessments, dyslexia management, software and computer technology, ergonomic products – all backed-up with training and support services from an established team.
- Disability Ireland maintain a list of disability related organisations in Ireland.