Welcome to the I.T. Sligo Health Service
The Student Health Service provides care to registered students of I.T. Sligo on campus. The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Mon-Thurs 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Closed daily for lunch 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Location: The Student Health Service is located on the ground floor of the Student Centre, beside the SU shop.
Tel: 071 93 05463 (Reception)
071 93 05205 (Nurse)
087 9961873 (Emergencies Only)
Fee: The nursing, medical and counselling services are free to registered students.
Registration: Student Health Services Registration Form
Making an Appointment
The Medical Service operates on an appointment basis. If you would like to make an appointment:
- Phone Student Health Reception on 071 9305463
- Complete the Student Health Services Registration Form
- DO NOT ARRIVE AT THE STUDENT HEALTH SERVICE WITHOUT PHONING RECEPTION FIRST AND RECEIVING A TELEPHONE TRIAGE.
It should be noted that students who fail to attend a scheduled medical appointment without cancelling will be charged €20 and will not be issued another appointment until the fine has been paid.
Out of Office Hours Medical Care
Students requiring emergency medical care out of hours and at the weekends can call Caredoc Sligo on 0818 365399 between 6pm and 8am (charge for non medical card holders). For a doctor between 5-6pm and 8-9am please call 071 9142550 for details of the doctor on call.
Accidents and Medical Emergencies on campus during office hours
Please call 087 9961873 for an emergency appointment with the Nurse or alternatively contact 071 91 55333.
Advice for Attending
- Do not arrive at the Student Health Service without phoning reception first and receiving a telephone triage.
- Only those with Appointments will be admitted to the Student Health Service
- Call if you need to cancel. A fee of €20 euros applies for students who do not attend their scheduled Doctors appointment without cancelling giving at least 2 hours notice.
- Doctors appointments not kept will not be rescheduled.
- All medical letters, certs etc must be emailed to you.
- All prescriptions will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
- Remember to seek repeat prescriptions at least a week before your medication runs out.
- Accidents and medical emergencies will always be given priority.
The Student Medical Service is available to all full time registered students and apprentices during office hours throughout the academic year. The Student Health Service aims to provide a confidential student friendly service with a particular attention to preventative medicine, health promotion, and healthy lifestyles and mindset. The service is not intended to replace your own GP. It is a complimentary health care provider that is intended to provide you with acute care during the week when it is not possible to attend your own GP.
- Student Medical Service medical records are confidential and will not be passed to another source without the student’s consent.
- Students with a chronic condition, disorder or disability which may require specific support or monitoring are advised to make themselves known to the Student Health Service as soon as possible after registration so appropriate care can be planned.
Meet Our Medical & Counselling Team
Our Nursing Team
Our Medical Doctor Team
A doctor is available onsite every afternoon by appointment. Appointment for the doctors must be made after you have been assessed by the Nurse.
Student Health Service Administrator
To see the effects of alcohol to you, to others or to simply see how much you spend on alcohol in a year, click on the ePUB logo. e-PUB is an evidence based tool and is not sponsored or supported by the drinks industry, so it can “get to the parts that other sites can’t reach”.
If you or a friend are in danger in relation to alcohol, please see our services listed below or list of available services mentioned in ePUB