The Mathematics Support Centre is a special inter-school initiative of the Institute. It is now well known that many capable students, for a variety of reasons, may find it difficult to achieve the required standards in mathematics to support their degree studies.
The purpose of the centre is to support students’ mathematics learning across all programmes in the Institute of Technology Sligo by:
- Providing a dedicated area with supervised access to help and resources in a relaxed environment
- delivering appropriate support services for students on service mathematics courses
- addressing the mathematics needs of special groups
To avail of our full range of services, please enroll in the open access Maths Support Centre Moodle Page. There you can contact our tutors directly, book one to one appointments, book group sessions, book online tutorials and submit problems for correction. All services are provided free of charge to all IT Sligo students (both online and campus students).
Drop-In Sessions in Room B1086
- You will be helped on a first come, first served basis. Stay for as long or as short as you like. You are welcome to attend any session that suits you and there is no need to make an appointment.
- Bring your lecture notes with you, along with a calculator and any other relevant material, including homework and your attempted work. The Mathematics Support Centre is designed to be a supplement to lectures and tutorials, not a substitute for these.
- It is important that you come to the centre as soon as you have a query/problem; the earlier you come, the easier it is to sort it out!
Drop-In Sessions Schedule
Services available for students include:
- Individual student consultation
- Individual tutorial assistance
- Additional tutorial support
- Computer-based tutorials
- Study area
- Access to relevant text material
- Maths Enrichment Programme (for 2nd level students only)
Leaving Cert Maths Support
Free Maths Revision:
Each year over the Easter Holidays, IT Sligo hosts Free Maths Revision Days for Leaving Certificate students to help prepare them for their Ordinary Level Maths Leaving Certificate Examinations. This year the course ran online over 2 days, from April 14th-15th. You can find recordings and notes from the online classes below.